Yield: 1 pound fresh pasta
4 large eggs
2 ½ cups flour (you can use all-purpose or 00 flour)
1 teaspoon salt (optional)
1. Measure flour (and salt if using), and mound on a large cutting board (or your counter) with a hole in the middle.
2. Crack eggs into separate container and lightly beat with fork. Pour eggs into the hole.
3. Use a fork or your fingers to round the center, slowly adding flour until it is all moistened.
4. Knead until the dough is supple and flour is fully hydrated (dough should feel soft like baby skin).
5. Wrap in plastic wrap and let rest at least 30 minutes on the counter.
6. Divide into 4 pieces (keep 3 covered with plastic wrap), roll by hand or through sheeter.
7. Cut into desired shapes.
8. Bring a pot of well-salted (should taste like the sea) water to boil.
9. Gently drop in the pasta and cook to al dente (about 2 – 3 minutes).
10. Toss with your favorite sauce and enjoy!